This week while preparing a Facebook for Business Introduction Presentation for a group of women who run home-based businesses I came across a lot of statistics about Facebook and social media. I used some of those facts in my presentation but here are some quick facts you should know for 2016.
Millennials are still on Facebook. Images get shared more. Digital ad spending is increasing. People will unfollow your Facebook page if you overpost.
Yes, these are things you need to know – and there’s proof to back it up.
Social Media Facts
- Facebook’s user base is estimated to reach 1.43 billion monthly users by the end of 2016. Mobile is estimated to account for 82% of Facebook’s US digital ad revenue this year. (Source: eMarketer)
- 8% of social media marketers worldwide said Facebook produced the best ROI. (Source: eMarketer)
- 21% of Facebook users say they unfollow brands that post repetitive or boring content. 19% say they would unfollow a brand on Facebook if the brand posted too often (more than six times a day). (Source: Adweek)
- 91% of millennials (aged 15-34) are on Facebook. (Source: Infinitdatum)
- There’s an average 45% increase in engagement when a LinkedIn post contains a link, a 50% increase in comments when a post contains a question, and a 98% increase in comments when the post contains an image. (Source: DMR)
- 7% of U.S. companies with 100 employees or more used Facebook for marketing activities in 2015. That share is projected to rise to 85.3% this year and 85.8% next year. (Source: MediaPost)
- 71% of consumers who have had a good social media service experience with a brand are likely to recommend it to others. (Source: Get Ambassador)
- Visual content is 40 times more likely to get shared on social media than other types of content. (Source:Hubspot)
- 78% of people who complain to a brand via Twitter expect a response within an hour. (Source: Lithium)
- When it comes to communicating with businesses, 33% of Millennials prefer using social media over any other channel. (Source: Marketing Sherpa)
- When making a purchase, 75% of B2B buyers use social media for their decision-making. (Source: IDC)
Content Marketing Facts
- Marketers who blog are 13 times more likely to generate ROI. (Source: Contently)
- 74% of readers trust educational content from brands as long as it doesn’t push a sale. (Source: Contently)
- 88% of B2B marketers in North America use Twitter for content distribution. (Source: DMR)